Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Perfect Puppy

For those of you that know me, you know that I LOVE puppies.   They're full of possibilities.  But one thing I have learned over the years is that, just like people, puppies are individuals, each one different in their own way.  Many people have fond memories of that 'one special dog' they've had that was 'perfect'.  He always listened, came when called, never messed in the house, never was destructive, he was PERFECT!  As the years go by and you bring a new puppy into your home the comparisons are endless. 

Why cant Buster be more like Fido?
I don't ever remember Fido barking as much as Buster does
Fido never ran away, he always knew to come home.
Fido just housetrianed himself, he was AWESOME!
Fido never showed any aggression, he loved everyone and everything.

If Fido really does exist, I would love to meet him :)   I've had many dogs in my lifetime, wonderful and amazing dogs, but alas none of them were perfect.  They've all had their own quirks, some more endearing than others.   In a nutshell, embrace your puppy or dogs uniqueness and don't compare,  it will only drive you nuts!    I'll bet if you take a few moments and make a list of the things you love about our dog, you'll realize just how wonderful they are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.