There is nothing more stressful than living with a dog that has behavior problems such as:
- Separation Anxiety
- Resource Guarding
- Dog-To-Dog Aggression
- On-Leash Reactivity
- Fears and Phobias
- Housetraining Issues
- Destructive Chewing and Digging
- Excessive Barking
The majority of behavior problems are misdiagnosed or ignored. Here are a few things to consider when dealing with behavior problems:
- The majority of behavior problems do not resolve on their own, they do in fact escalate.
- If your dog is showing signs of aggression, fear or destructive behavior, it's not being done to 'spite' you or because he thinks he is the 'alpha dog'.
- Enrolling a fearful or aggressive dog in a group class to 'test' their behavior is stressful for your dog and potentially dangerous.
- 'Practice Makes Perfect' the longer your dog practices a behavior, the better they will get at it.
- Quick fixes don't work! It takes time for behavior problems to develop, it will take time for them to resolve.