Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saying Goodobye


We recently had to say goodbye to our beloved Isaac. Over the past few months Isaac was showing signs of neurological problems. The condition worsened and we had to make the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him. This is a tremendous loss for my entire family. Isaac had just turned 2 years old and was the life of our house. He was my birthday present 2 years ago and since the day he arrived at our home he has been making us smile. I truly was not expecting the intensity of greif I would experience from his passing.

He was first and foremost my beloved dog whom I adored. He was affectionate, playful and always wanted to be part of what ever I was doing. He loved to ride in the car with me, cuddle on the couch and sleep at my feet underneath my desk while I worked on my computer. It was not uncommon to see him carrying his stuffed Tigger or sleeping with it. He was a full blood brother to our dog Leo and together they filled our lives with so much love.

Isaac was also my work partner and had spent the past 2 years going to classes and workshops with me. He was my demo dog at class and at public events. He was truly amazing to work with, he loved to train and taught me so much.

But aside from his great skills, my biggest pleasure came from watching him play with his many doggie friends. Throughout his lifetime he had met and played with a countless number of dogs. He had such zest and helped many puppies get off to a good start in life by learning proper play skills.

When Spring arrives we plan to scatter his ashes at his favorite swimming pond in Blissfield. He spent many warm summer days swimming with my kids and his dog friends so it only seems fitting that we should say our final farewell to him there.

Our sincere thanks to those who have remembered us with cards, flowers, emails and in your prayers. Even though his life was too short, we were truly blessed to have him in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.